This 16 hour course is designed for law enforcement officers to help them prepare for and prevail during violent encounters.
The law enforcement course will not only deal with the latest research in the psychological and physiological impact of combat, but will explore the ancient warrior traditions and why these traditions are relevant today. Case histories with audio and video recordings will be used to illustrate principles.
At the end of this program, students will:
- Understand and recognize the physiological and psychological changes that occur when a person is thrust into a sudden stressful situation.
- Understand how these psychological and physiological changes can affect the ability to perform and survive during sudden stressful situations.
- Understand how experiencing a sudden stressful situation can lead to a “high”, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and/or Post Traumatic Growth.
- Understand how physical training, mental imagery, tactical self-talk, breathing and centering improves stress inoculation and startle recovery.
- Understand these officer survival techniques are rooted in traditional martial arts and ancient warrior traditions.